Saturday 19 January 2013

With Love From The Dollar Store

You gotta love a challenge and using materials from the Dollar Store is an economical way to make a super gift box.

 



I bought this great box for $1 and then typed out a page of the word "LOVE" in all different fonts.  I made a few copies and then used a wet tea bag to stain the pages to look old. 


I was going to use modge podge, but the cost seemed a lot so I used plain white craft glue and watered it down.  After adhering the words I gave it one more coat of the watered down glue and left it to dry.  It's now the perfect box to wrap homemade treats, jewelry or any other gift for that special someone.




If you don't want to miss future posts, go to the right sidebar and subscribe for free by email or to follow on GFC or Google+. Make my day and LIKE us on Facebook pin us above.

Sharing With:
Debbiedoo's Valentine Dollar Tree Party                          An Original Belle
Funky Junk - SNS #171                                                     Elizabeth & Co. #55
Crafty Scrappy Happy #19                                                If It's Not Baroque #5
 Be Different Act Normal                                                  Serendipity and Spice
Common Ground                                                               Made In A Day
French Country Cottage                                                     Diana Rambles
The Thrifty Groove                                                           Sassy Little Lady #3
A Little Knick Knack                                                         Not Just A Housewife
Petite Hermine #94                                                            Fluster Buster

 


14 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Fantastic and so very cute! Thank you for sharing.

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

That would be such a great Valentine's Day gift box. So cute!

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

That turned out great! Super cute!

Geri O said...

Great idea. New follower. Come check out my blog at WWW.sister-number-5.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a great transformation....."love" it! :D

Diann said...

That turned out really cute. I use watered down craft glue all the time instead of Mod Podge. At some point Mod Podge just got too expensive! Thank you for sharing at TTF.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

That gift box is really cute! Coming your way from the Rustic Pigs party and I love this! Happy to be following you via GFC and looking forward to more!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

The box says it all: love!

Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

Unknown said...

How I love this. So, so pretty!

Hopping by and following your lovely blog's G+. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

Patty said...

I love this idea. I want to make one too! thanks for the tutorial!

Charlene@aPinchofJoy said...

using different fonts for the word love is a great idea! Your box turned out very nicely. Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday!

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

What a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing how you used tea bags...I don't know if I would have thought to do that! Thanks for linking up at Monday Makeover. I really enjoyed this project!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Very nice! I love how it turned out! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

The box makes a beautiful gift, especially with a little surprise inside!